This should be called how-many-blueberries-can-you-eat-while-trying-to-make-a-swizzle-stick. But we’re talking cocktails here. I digress. Instead of going for the easy to reach vino or a bit of fizz… it’s time for a cocktail. The Blueberry Gin Swizzle.
Getting creative is my way of unwinding and I love everything about this drink.
1) It’s red… that’s my favourite colour. It’s also a colour of autumn, so subliminally it’s warming.
2) There are blueberries… everywhere. Juice, garnish and swizzle. Now I don’t know about you but when your evening decadence includes one or possibly two of your 5-a-day, it’s a huge plus!
3) More on blueberries…they’re super fruit. Fresh blueberries have:
- Gallic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
This means they’re filled with antioxidants, they’re anti ageing, fight cancer, aid in digestion, great for heart and mental health. In other words, darn good for your health.
4) They are deliciously sweet.
5) It is a gin and tonic with super fruit – what’s not to love 😉
20ml lime juice
120ml Blueberry juice
dash of tonic water
Garnish – lime and blueberries
Add all of the ingredients, except the tonic water to a shaker with some ice. Shake and strain over fresh ice and top up with tonic water.
Garnish with a blueberry and lime swizzle.
Now, would you make this and share it with a friend?