The weekend is officially over, when your alarm goes off at 6am, it’s still pitch black outside and you’ve got to rally the troops downstairs for breakfast and out the door in time to start the day. A mocktail makes things a little less ‘Monday’ and this Cranberry and Apple Mocktail delight is just perfect.
Cranberry and Apple Mocktail
- Cranberry Juice
- Apple Juice
- Lime Juice
- Egg White
- Dehydrated Apple to garnish
- Add egg white to your shaker and dry shake to get it nice and frothy.
- Next add cranberry and apple juice and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain into a juice tumbler and garnish with apple slices.
- Adjust the amount of lime juice to your taste. I used half a small lime.
*Tip: Egg white shakes better at room temperature.
I love the idea of sipping something pretty at breakfast time. Makes mornings a lot less dull. Cranberry is quite a tart taste but combined with the sweetness of apple and the zest of lime, the combination works so well together. Being breakfast, the egg white not only gives the drink a creamy, smooth texture but is also a great protein boost, first thing in the day. You’ve probably realised by now that I do love a bit of healthy goodness in my drinks – both boozy and non 😉
Wishing you a fabulous week!